Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sanity Check

What is the saying? "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." So everyone should take this as a direct order from me to make sometime for yourself today.

When I need a moment of sanity, I shop or visit a coffee shop. The shopping can be for anything but usually unexpected purchases are the best. When I'm crabby, I can go grocery shopping, buy one not-on-the-list-and-only-I'll-like-it item and voila! I'm happy. I have 100% success with retail therapy.

I also like to visit coffee shops, loaded down with books and mags to peruse at my leisure, even though I know I'll only get through about one of the 6 "things" I've brought with to read. And this is where I am right now. I have my laptop with me this time, a first, but also some books (both "fun" and mommy how-to types) and, of course, my planner with the intent to get caught up on emails and some to-dos too.

As I headed out, muttering about needing a breather, T gave me the LOOK. To which I replied, "it is this or death (yours)". He agreed. He probably is right to question my need - it comes after I slept 12+ hours Friday night. Yes, I went to bed at 7:30 on a Friday night and slept until 8. Talk about hitting a wall... between work craziness, T's talk about going back to school and potentially changing jobs, being PG, etc., I was pooped. But not rejuvenated. While I like my weekend naps, I personally see sleep as more of a necessary evil.

With that, I'm off to enjoy by book and my mocha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Balanced Chaos | by TNB