Saturday, October 31, 2009

Boo (hoo) Halloween

I had my 37-week appointment yesterday and have high blood pressure. Now, mind you, its been high most of this pregnancy (as it was with G) but if they gave me a few minutes, it would go down to normal so no big deal. But not yesterday...

Yesterday it was higher than normal and wouldn't go down. I heard the dreaded "b" word - bedrest. Although, thank God, only as in "modified bedrest might be a possibility." But still... anyone who knows me knows that I don't rest. In fact, when Fern asked what I had going on this weekend, my response was "nothing much" since we didn't have anything scheduled. I didn't even think about the fact that T. had the Wild game last night, worked today, I had a list of 5 errands to run, etc. Oops. So a big thanks to the Hilzy's who watched G. so I could run errands alone, an automatic BP lower-er and take a nap.

Anyhoo, I have to go back in on Tuesday to see a dr. (vs. Fern, my midwife). If it is back to normal, great. If it is still high, they'll test for protein and we'll go from there. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but it has me so unnerved, that every time I think of it, I can practically feel it going up. And this might all be OK if anything else was going on but no - I'm not effaced, dilated, etc. FGS!

So BOO! I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Don't forgot to set your clocks back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Balanced Chaos | by TNB