1. I'm sick of the GOP/Presidential race already and dread the next 8 months. (EIGHT. 8. OCHO.) Can't they use their resources to do more good? (And I'd say the same thing if it was the Dems going through the process)
2. I just read an eye-opening book called Women Lead the Way by Linda Tarr-Whelan. Very facisinating stuff on how women are a major force in our world and economies but not yet in leadership, across segments (e.g. business, non-profit, gov't). As an up-and-coming (see #5) female in the workforce and a mom of 2, striving for Balanced Chaos, it resonated. ROAARR!!!
3. Troy had 2 interviews today, 1 tomorrow. Crossing fingers, toes and legs ... mama wants a new kitchen! :)
4. Tried Tastefully Simple's Bayou Bourbon sauce tonight, on salmon, and it was DELISH. Wish I'd made more.
5. Participated in a Talent Management review today with the HR directors I work with/for and got their feedback. It was a good and promising discussion.
6. All my good intentions to post regularly... gone! I've been doing micro-updates via Facebook and Instagram. I tell you what, the iPhone changed my life. And most ironic is that I come to my own page, every day, to check out my blog roll and what has been updated.
7. I don't understand Pinterest. I mean, I do, but I don't. Maybe I'm just afraid to get sucked in.
8. I'm in charge of decorations at Carver Elementary's spring Carnival (the evening of May 11th if you want to join us!).
9. Will has reached an "easy" stage - talking some, where we can understand him; can easily be tricked/distracted into doing stuff, etc. He has quite the personality. Grant is actually the more challenging one since he is definitely in a too-cool-for-school sass ... and argue ... and whine stage.
10. But they are both pretty stinking cute! Check out this recent video http://youtu.be/MP4q_2-R-yo
Gifts for Mom! by PW & Friends
1 day ago